- Nike is an American international multinational corporation that is engaged in the design, development, manufacturing and worldwide marketing and sales of footwear, apparel, equipment, accessories, and services.
- The company is the world largest supplier of athletic shoes and apparel and a major manufacturer of sports equipment.
- As of 2012, it employed more than 45,000 people worldwide. It was the most valuable brand among all the sports businesses.
- The company takes its name from Nike, the Greek goddess of victory.
- Nike markets its product under its own brand and it also owns many brands under it.
- In addition to manufacturing sportswear and equipment, the company operates retail stores under the Niketown name.
- It is originally known as Blue Ribbon Sports.
- Nike produces a wide range of sports equipment. Their first product was track running shoes, including baseball, ice hockey, tennis, basketball, cricket and many more.
- Nike also sells shoes for outdoor activities, such as tennis, golf, skateboarding, baseball, cycling, volleyball and so on.
- Some of Nike’s newest shoes contains flywire foam to reduce weight.
- As you know, Nike is the world’s #1 shoe and apparel company. Nike designs develop and sell a variety of products and service to help to play football, basketball, and soccer (football), as well as in running, men’s and women’s training, and other action sports.
- Under this namesake brand, NIKE also markets sports inspired product for children and various competitive and recreational activities such as golf, tennis, and walking.
- NIKE sells through more than 1,000-owned retail stores worldwide.
- This brand has contracted with more than 700 shops around the world and has offices located in 45 countries outside the United States.
- Most of the factories are located in Asia, Thailand, and many more.
- Child labor allegations
- Strike in China factory
- Paradise papers, etc.
Nike promotes its products by sponsorship agreements with celebrity athletes, professional teams and college athletic teams.
- ADVERTISING – It aired its first three national television ads, created by the newly formed ad agency. The Cannes Advertising Festival has named Nike its Advertiser of the year, making it is the first company to receive that honor twice. Nike has also earned the Emmy Award for best commercial twice.
- BEATLESS SONG – Brand was criticized for its use. Afterward, Nike discontinued airing ads featuring ‘revolution’.
- NEW MEDIA MARKETING – This brand was an early adopter of internet marketing, email management technologies, and using broadcast and narrowcast communication technologies to create multimedia marketing campaigns.
The Nike Community Ambassador Program, allows Nike employees from around the world to go out and give to their community. over 4,000 employees from various Nike stores have participated in teaching children to be active and healthy.
- The U.K. team are sent from heaven or somewhere better. Never received service like it from anywhere else.
- Fan of Nike sneakers and clothing. Probably most design sports mark.
- Many people applaud Nike for taking a knee for social justice.
- We all just love this brand I have bought so many Nike thing. I just love there clothes and shoes they are just very comfortable it might be a little expensive but worth buying their things. Really last a very long time so I would recommend buying from Nike.
- It is always a bit of an expensive band but they are one of the exercise gear as they are good quality and last a long time.
- These guys are the best when it comes to sports and workout.
- Nike shoes have an amazing grip and a soft sole. They are washable too and doesn’t feel heavy at all and they also have many colors and a wide range of variety.